Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vegetation Still Life


I was asked about a month or two ago to partake in a group show entitled Decay at Junctionview Studios in Columbus, Ohio. Due to the fact that conceptually my artwork usually serves as a celebration of our existence as humans and emphasizes my own philosophical belief that being alive is something to be psyched about, I was initially unsure of what I was gong to create for a show about Decay.


So, when approaching the idea, I wanted to subvert away from the typical subject matter associated with decay while still keeping the central theme in mind. Using archival inks and papers I culled plant life from the world that I usually paint within and created this series of vegetation that will avoid decay and exist indefinitely.


The show will be up this weekend at Junctionview Studios
Friday, June 10th 6pm - 2am and Saturday, June 11th 7pm - 1am

No comments:

Post a Comment